This Part number: CC-300-L99 is designed to specifically fit the 2010+ L99 Engine Camaro
Purpose of your Stock PCV System:
The PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) system is designed to regulate and remove fumes from the engine crankcase, and to alleviate crankcase pressure which could cause oil leaks or seal damage. The PCV system routes crankcase fumes into the intake manifold where they can be burned to eliminate harmful emissions into the atmosphere. The PCV valve controls the amount of crankcase flow volume depending on the engine's load. With large throttle openings (high engine loads), the more blow-by gases are produced, and the more the PCV system flows oil vapor in to the intake manifold. The PCV valve also functions as a check valve to prevent intake manifold flow from reversing back into the crankcase when there is a backfire, or during periods of high manifold pressure (boost) during forced induction by turbocharger or supercharger.
Negative Effects of your Stock PCV System:
Many Corvette, Camaro, Firebird and GTO owners with LSX engines can testify to the amount of oil residue that can accumulate inside the intake manifold, throttle body, intake track and even the air filter during aggressive driving conditions.
There are various negative effects when excess oil vapor contaminates the intake system from the stock PCV system - such as:
- Throttle body and/or MAFS (Mass Air Flow Sensor) malfunction or failure.
- Air filter, intercooler (if equipped) and intake ducting contamination if oil pools and run back out the intake system after engine shutdown
- Reduced octane of the air/fuel mixture, which can cause detonation and the ECM (Engine Control Module) to retard timing, thereby reducing engine power.
- Excessive carbon build-up on valves, piston crowns, combustion chambers and spark plugs. This also increases the chance of detonation and power loss.
- Increased emissions & possible contamination of catalytic converters and oxygen sensors.
Bottom line: Excessive amounts of oil vapor in the intake manifold is detrimental to your engine!
Solution: Install theE2 Elite Engineering PCV Oil Catch Can!
The E2 Elite Engineering PCV Oil Catch Can is designed to effectively separate oil from the crankcase vapors, thereby eliminating all negative effects of excessive intake system oil contamination. Our Catch Can has been engineered to remove the oil vapor before it has a chance to contaminate your intake system.
Not all Catch Cans are created equally! Often Imitated, never duplicated. Most Catch Cans on the market are just comprised of an empty container with 2 ports. While that simple design may trap a few oil droplets, our Catch Can is designed to condense the oil vapor and trap the oil inside the container.
Our test proven design incorporates a stainless steel mesh and screening mechanism that acts like a maze to collect and condense the oil vapor. Once the oil vapors condense into liquid droplets, it falls to the bottom of the can. In addition, the top assembly is specially designed to keep any liquid from climbing out the exit hole during aggressive driving conditions. Stored oil volume is approximately 8 ounces. You will be amazed by how much oil our Catch Can will catch! Don't settle for an inferior competitor's product. Insist on Elite Engineering's Catch Can!
The Elite Engineering PCV Oil Catch Can is constructed of the finest materials inside and out. High performance car owners insist on the best products that offer unsurpassed function as well as impressive visual enhancement. Our Catch Can does both! Our exclusive design incorporates optimum function and the finest materials, construction and finish for maximum dependability.
The 2.6" diameter by 6.0" long body is machined from billet 6061-T6 aluminum alloy, and then anodized in a variety of colors for a striking look. The internal condensing screen is stainless steel encased inside an aluminum alloy housing designed for low flow restriction. The housing can be disassembled for screen inspection, cleaning or replacement if needed. The inlet and outlet hose fittings are brass, and threaded into the body and sealed with Teflon tape. Supplied hoses are fuel and oil vapor compatible (SAE 30R7 rated). The bottom catch can reservoir screws onto the top of the unit, and is sealed with a built in O-ring. Inspection and cleaning is easy by simply removing the bottom of the unit without disturbing the mounting system or hoses.
In keeping with our high quality standards, all supplied mounting hardware and screws are stainless steel. The supplied custom machined mounting bracket is black anodized 6061-T6 aluminum, and is attached to the passenger side engine head on LS1/LS6/LS7/ applications with (2) two 10 mm button head screws.
Each Catch Can kit includes everything you need to install the system. Basic mechanical skills and common hand tools are the only things required.
- Catch Can assembly beautifully anodized in choice of available colors, complete with 3/8" barbed inlet/outlet hose fittings.
- Custom machined mounting bracket and Aluminum Spacer for the V6 applications
- Stainless steel mounting hardware.
- 24 inches of 3/8" ID fuel and oil vapor compatible hose.
- PCV adaptor hardware.
- Black zinc plated hose clamps.
- Brass Hose Barb fittings are standard, upgrade to Chrome Fittings for that custom look below
- Instructions can be viewed and downloaded from here:
Made in USA